Yesterday I was honored to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, awarded by bloggers to other bloggers who spread encouragement, inspiration, and creativity, by Felicia at The Starving Chef. Thanks so much for nominating me! My excitement level is through the roof.
So now it’s my turn to answer Felicia’s 11 questions and nominate 11 other bloggers to answer my 11 questions! First my answers:
- What inspired YOU to start your blogging journey? My dream is to be an author, and when I started this blog nearly a year it was with the intention of building a platform that might help me find an agent for my manuscript. I’m still hoping it will help with that, but blogging has turned into so much more for me since then.
- What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? Does travel count as a hobby? There are lots and lots of places I would want to visit, things I would want to see, and food I would want to taste if money and time weren’t an object.
- What’s your “claim to fame”? My lasagna and blackberry cobbler. And also I’m a decent singer.
- What’s the most frequent question people ask you about your blog? Can you actually make money doing that?
- Why did you decide to do the work you do now? Blogging and momming is my work right now. My blogging answer is in question 1, and the answer to the other is that I want to stay home with my kids until they are both in school to make sure I have the most amount of time to teach them and influence them as possible before I release them into the world.
- Who inspires you to be better? My husband inspires me to be better. He encourages me to do things I don’t think I can do and congratulates me on successes.
- What is one of your favorite smells? I loooove citrus smells, especially lime.
- What’s the title of the current chapter of your life? One Day at a Time
- What bends your mind every time you think about it? How different my kids are. If I hadn’t been there for both deliveries I’d wonder if they had the same parents…
- What would be your spirit animal? Probably a Labrador. I’m pretty friendly and loyal, I can be hyper when I get excited, but I also like to nap.
- How does your blog influence your daily routine? It makes me squeeze in extra time for reading, plan our meals so that I can take pictures during optimal light, and it gives me a personal sense of purpose and satisfaction that I was missing before I started. I love the opportunity to be creative and share it with the wonderful community I’ve been welcomed into!
Now for my 11 awesome and amazing nominees:
- Marta at Sense & Edibility
- Kelly at OohBother
- Sarah at My Frosted Life
- Cayla at Cayla Daniels
- Jazzmine at Dash of Jazz
- Andrea at Coupon Blessings Now
- Rachel at The Confused Millennial
- Lane & Holly at With Two Spoons
- Ayanna at 21 Flavors of Splendor
- Jen at Olive Jude
- Amanda at Mummy Confessions
Nominees, you are in no way obligated to participate, but if you want to officially accept this award you must:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in a post form.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
And my 11 questions are:
- If you could wake up speaking another language fluently, which language would you choose?
- Were you cool or nerdy in high school?
- What is your favorite color?
- Why do you enjoy blogging?
- Are you an outdoor or indoor person in general?
- What is you favorite holiday?
- What food could you never, ever eat unless you were on the brink of starvation?
- If you could interview any person from history, who would you want to talk to?
- If you could guest star on a TV show, which one would choose?
- What’s a trend from the past that you wish would be revived?
- What was your favorite book as a kid?
Thanks again to The Starving Chef, and I can’t wait to learn more about my nominees!