What’s up, fellow readers? I hope the new year is treating you well so far and that you are elbow deep in fantastic reads. January is off to a slow start for me in terms of reading. I’ve only finished one book so far this year! That’s not a promising trend for my year end total…
But I have several good books in the works right now, so maybe there is still hope, especially since we are only about 5% into the year as of today. There’s lots of room for recovery in the remaining 95% that stretches before me, I think.
This post contains affiliate links. Read more about that here.
I just posted a glowing review of this book last week, so I knew it was going to be hard to top it with whatever came next. I loved the story and the history in this book, and I keep saying how pretty the cover is, which isn’t actually important, but really it is. You know what I mean.
You may recall seeing this one before on Read. Eat. Repeat. If so, it’s because I chose it for my January reading challenge pick. I’m just a few pages in, but so far so good. I hope I can get it finished by the end of the month! Fun fact: I have a thing for novella collections. Maybe it’s because it feels like you get so much bang for your buck, since they tend to be thick with tiny print. If I was ordering another one right now it would be this one.
I actually started out reading this one in physical book form, but I wasn’t making a lot of progress even though I was enjoying, because other books kept taking precedence. So I switched tactics, and now I’m listening to the audiobook courtesy of my library’s online library program. It’s going much more quickly now, and I like the narrator’s voice – she’s very soothing. This was the last book left on my reading list for last year, so I’m looking forward to the sense of accomplishment I expect to feel when I (slightly belatedly) mark it off the list soon.
Smack in the middle of this one and expecting to finish it by the end of the day. It’s a bit different than what I usually read, but I’m enjoying it and planning to post a full review later this week, so stayed tuned for that for more details. In the meantime, just know it is full of beautiful people who love each other and don’t know how to say it, as well as lots of nature related disasters from which to escape or be saved.
Now, I’m only going to mention this once, but you can assume it’s actually still on my list for the rest of the year. This is a yearlong devotional, with a short reflection passage and some suggested verses to read assigned for each day of the year. And even though I shouldn’t be, I’m often surprised at how perfectly the reading for any given day addresses my current thoughts or state of mind. I’ve written before about how much I love year long devotionals, because they keep me on track and help eliminate some decision fatigue about what to study each day, and I’m really enjoying this one so far.
Hoping to get find this one in my mailbox by the time I’m done with the others! It’s the second in a series, the first of which I enjoyed immensely last year, so I can’t wait to see what this book holds. Ever since I read the A Name Unknown I have been a raving fan of Roseanna M. White and have been tracking down her other books, too.
Thanks to Modern Mrs. Darcy for hosting a quick lit link up! If you want to see what even more bloggers are reading right now, go check her out.