Hello, internet friends! I try to do a post about what I’ve been loving each month and this month I have clearly waited until the last possible moment. But lets not talk about my procrastination or myriad other shortcomings. Lets focus on all the awesome stuff we’re enjoying right now! I have a total of 8 cool things to share with you today, in no particular order…
- A cat adopted us. My daughter named her Cleo, and she is much beloved by the little people despite the fact that she sometimes disappears for a few days, leaving the tiny ones to pine in her absence. All my life I thought I didn’t really like cats, but for whatever reason I really like this one. She’s very chill, except when she stalks me and jumps out at my feet as I return from a run. But I can overlook that.
- The older child started preschool! She’s loving all the friends, crafts, and playground time, and I am continually amazed at how much simpler life is with only one child to watch during the day.
- Next month (on the 11th, to be precise) marks the one year anniversary of my blogging adventure! I’m trying to decide on a fun, low-key way to celebrate – suggestions??
- I signed up to receive emails from a site called Free Christian Books. Now every few days I get an email with links to one free Christian ebook and two sharply discounted ones. And these aren’t just second-rate unedited/self-published books! I’m talking about some best selling authors whose books occasionally go way on sale, and these kind folks send me an email about it! It’s really fantastic.
- These words to live by: Either you believe you can do something or you don’t – either way you’re right. – Unknown
- I just learned about something called The Five Laws of Ranganathan. If you are a reader, it might interest you as much as it did me.
- This one goes hand in hand with the preschool thing. Since Big Sis started school I’ve been getting up at the crack of dawn and going down to the basement to exercise. Me exercising is not unusual. It’s the getting up early part that’s new. And I’m really liking it because if I set my alarm for 5:50 and get started by 6:15 then I have time to workout, do a short devotion, and take a shower before the kids get up – which means when I drop her off at school I look like a mom who has her life together. It’s worth getting up at 5:50 to perpetuate that illusion.
- And last but not least, I found a recipe for Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cookies that blew my socks off. Try them for yourself, and hang on to your stockings.
What sorts of things are you loving lately? I absolutely love hearing what other people are into, so let me know!